02 September 2007

townsville - day 5

DAY 5 - 26 Aug

Sunday... another relaxing day. Just getting ready for my dive week. Class starts tomorrow!!!! I honestly don't remember much about the early parts of today.

Tonight we went to the Civic Theatre for some live music! Performers: James Morrison (not to be confused with Jim Morrison of the Doors!), the Barrier Reef orchestra conducted by Sean O'Boyle, Townsville Brass, the Band of the First Battalion RAR (Royal Australian Regiment) and guest vocalist Emma Pask. These guys were amazing! James Morrison took the show to a whole new level - he is a middle-aged man who has played with jazz greats like Dizzie Gillespie, B.B. King and Wynton Marsalis. He is multi-talented with the trombone, fugelhorn, euphonium, tuba, sax, piano and trumpet... not to mention a GREAT sense of humor! Okay, okay, I am not selling him, but it was a great night had by all!!!

And lucky for me it wasn't a school night, so I got to stay up late :)

No comments: