DAY 4 - 25 Aug
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEENA!!! I love you girl! :) xoxo
Woke up this morning to a cereal and tea brekky. Skipped the shower, it's Saturday! Went to Stockland's shopping center (on the corner of Nathan St and Ross River Rd) with Peter. We've plans to go to the races tonight! So I need a dress... As soon as we went inside we found a cute dress shop. Some items were on sale right up front, so I checked 'em out... and found a winner! A cute black, white and red lightweight dress for $35. There were some other gorgeous dresses in the store for much more money, but I wasn't on a shopping spree and need to save room in my pack for later on in the trip when I get other "stuff". We got hungry and headed to Brumby's Bakery and I tasted my very first Australian meat pies! We shared a cottage pie and a Cornish pastie. (You would think to say "pay-stee" but these Ozzies say "pah-stee") Just linguistics...
On the drive home we ended up at a red light next to one of Nikki's friends. She kindly informed us of the equine virus outbreak and that the races had been canceled but the partying (drinking) was to go on. We got home and all decided that it wasn't worth it to go and get pissed (drunk) if there weren't any races happening. (Not that I was planning on drinking much, but these Ozzies can sure throw 'em back!)
Me, Peter, Honor, Nikki and Kevin ended up going to downtown Townsville for dinner. Almost all of the restaurants were chukka (full), so we put our name in at the Australian Hotel and headed to another bar for a starter drink. I wasn't drinking so I just stood there and stared off into space... Dinner was yummy - I had a veggie thingy with salad and chips (fries). I'm starting to get used to how fries are called chips here. Oh and ketchup, it's called tomato sauce. And the tomato sauce that we use on pasta? Called spaghetti sauce. And marinara sauce, to Peter and Nikki it means seafood - so pasta with marinara sauce should have seafood on top! Funny, eh?
Again, linguistics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment