17 September 2007

townsville - day 11

Day 11 - 1 Sept

Woke up 9 am - returned car to Thrifty (I got to drive the stick-shifting Mitsubishi one more time!). Shopping at Castletown (shopping mall-like place): Target, Woolworths, Post (to buy stamps), Brumby's Bakery for more pies (veggie pastie for me, beef and kidney for Pete, ick).

Went home, blogged a bit, organized our food and supplies for camping. Lunch with the family: green salad (always lettuce, sweet peas, avocado and cukes), potato salad, grape tomatoes and probably some deli meat, but I didn't have any. Did some laundry... Washed my shoes (they had gotten dirty somewhere, I don't usually spend my Saturdays washing shoes, haha). Gave the dogs (Trouble and Kinky) baths outside - muhaha evil humans.

Showered and dressed for the night out on the town. Went to see an 8pm showing of 'The Dresser' at the old Magistrate's court downtown, which has since been transformed into a small black-box theatre and gathering place. We got there and met up with Monda (very posh Victorian Brit accent), Judy and John. Monda told me I was a 'rude girl' at some point and it made me laugh with the accent and all. She's a harmless jokester, but comes across quite strong at first! I didn't chat much with J&J. The play is set in London during some war (Blitz?) and is about some actor guy whose Dresser (the person who dresses him and does his makeup before shows) is the main character. They're all on rations and depressed. It was pretty boring, although the acting was wonderful. I was tired and slept through part of the first half, woke up to buzz about during intermission (thinking maybe a Coca-Cola would wake me?) and slept through most of the second half as well. It was hot in there anyway! haha After the show we shmoozed with some other friends of the Stephensons and then head home... to hit the hay around 12:45am.

No comments: