19 August 2007

San Diego!

YESTERDAY: Saturday 18 Aug - We made it! :)

Arrived last night around 11pm, Niels picked us up at the S.D. airport. We dropped our crap at his place and then hit Romano's taco stand - beef taco for me, fish taco for P. Then we went to the Cass. St. grille and had drinks. They only serve beer and wine and choice mixed drinks. I had a raspberry cider - a bit sweet, but tasty nontheless!

I was sleepy. We came home and the boys did their "thing" (i.e. drinking and chatting late into the morning). I passed out on the couch :)

======

TODAY: Sunday 19 Aug - Mark & Shoham's wedding! They're our roommates. Getting married in Cuernavaca, Mexico today. Next time I see them they'll be ball and chain.

Went surfing for the first time this morning at Pacific Beach (PB). Rode flat on the short board for a bit, practicing my balance on the white water. Then stood up (almost all the way) three times before eating it. Go me! I had a blast.

Went to brunch with Ed and Anna - friends of Niels. They're great, super friendly! Brunch was amazing, there was so much to choose from. Started with tea, then had pasta with whatever veggies and sauce I want... Fruit, a mini waffle with syrup and almond slices, buffalo chicken, seared tuna w. soy sauce and wasabi (just one piece, like sushi, had to try it!), red white and blue tortilla chips. And a mimosa that I put some sliced strawberries into. Yum-o!

After brunch we changed into our swimmers, lathered on sunscreen and hit Mission Bay in a rented Catamaran. We all took turns playing skipper. Peter was the best - he's got the most basic sailing knowledge. I just know how to sit in a little position and yell at sweaty guys. haha. I guess only some of you would get that...

Post Catamaran we hit PB again. I went by myself and fell asleep for about an hour. When I woke up these two guys said, "Hey, now that you're awake, you want a beer?" haha You can drink beer and BBQ on PB. Just no glass bottles. Pretty sweet. So I told them no, I don't like beer and they just laughed because that's all they had. We chatted for a bit and then I went in search of P and N. I found them lounging with some Tecate on the other side of the pier. I went for another swim to get the sand off of me. Niels took a nap on the boogie board. Peter drank his beer and stared off into space. I read Scientific American while Peter went for a swim. The water's about 74 degrees. It's beautiful!

Now I sit here clean and showered on Niels' porch. He lives in the See the Sea condo complex, and it's only about 62.7 feet (that's a rough estimate) from the front door to the first sand particles of the beach. Not a bad thing, eh?

We're off to Beaumont's for dinner...

No comments: